Thursday, February 1, 2018

Manipulation examples

"Go on, it'll be the best tenner you ever spent!" She winked and put the tiny pill with the Mitsubishi symbol on the end of her long tongue. She smiled and it disappeared.
And I knew what was inferred, her message.... Join in with me and you just might get me too. But that was the voice in my head. It didn't occur to me that in a club with 1000 other pill-necking, beautiful-people, it might not be me she'd go home with. But it did occur to me, like a neon sign flashing over my head, that if I didn't do it, she would disappear like a witch into the night. So I took her hand, her exquisite, manicured hand, and she led me into the corner of the club, near the booming bass and pointed out her dealer of choice. She called him Instagram, explaining that he could always, no matter where you were, show up with a gram in an instant. But the bass pounded, we didn't talk, I waved a tenner, he waved a pill. On the dance floor, Amy waved a finger at me in a come-hither way and my conscience dissolved away with the powdery taste in my mouth. She had won.
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

"F**k you ya clown!" My first impression was that he was big. Rugby big.
"It was an accident lad. I'll buy you another beer." And I turned to the bar to do just that.
"I don't want another beer, you've ruined me night ya eejit." He was squaring up. Well as 'square' as a chunky, over-weight rugby jock could get.
But my girlfriend wasn't having it.
"You ain't gonna let that blob call you an eejit, are you?"
"Well, I just want a quiet time Rachel. Hadn't planned on A+E tonight." Rachel had had a few drinkies by now.
"Well I think you should take that fella to the street and 'bate the head off him!" The problem with this statement was it's volume. So loud that the Jock looked at me expecting me to go through with it. Thank you Rachel, my soon to be ex.
"OK, you want a beating, I'll give you a beating!"
Then we were outside, tucked away around the corner out of sight of the bouncers. As I passed out from his knee blocking my wind-pipe, I remember the smell of urine in the alley and the absence of Rachel, bloody Rachel, presumably still in the pub.

No comments:

Post a Comment