Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Wreck of the Hespers

I is wrecked. I've been juggling so long that I had to drop the baton. What with cleaning the pharmacy out of anything stronger than Sudocrem to treat my Sinusitis, trying to get the kids as much fresh air as possible, being a good[ish] husband and son, reading late loads, cooking a bit, training like a pro, teaching, burning the candle at both ends and in the middle for good measure....well, you get the picture! I raced very strongly on Sunday, loved it, went home spent. And then the tsunami I've been holding back of late just washed over me. The sinuses are back, my patella tendonitis returned for a [painful] visit too. I ain't sleeping, my muscles are sore and refusing to hydrate. I have a pain in my face and for the first time since September I don't want to race. That is tiredness. Put the heavier wheels on after washing the Belgian toothpaste out of every grey nook and cranny on the Ridley last Sunday evening and just left it there. Although the love affair is still on... we are on a break. I just need to regroup. Its all gone remarkably well so far, something had to give. I really did not expect my tendonitis to transfer over from running. But then May is my month, I've been buried in thresholds and goals lately, really stepping out on the razor blade. I will just go easy for a few days until the bags under my eyes and heart go. Easy spins and coffee. My Mum, God bless her, would often use that phrase 'you look like the wreck of the Hespers!' She hasn't in years, until she saw me today. If the Mammy can see it....

No comments:

Post a Comment